- This event has passed.
1-5:00 FE Love – Compassionate Conversations Peace Posts- $5
October 7, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$5
October 7 Collaborative Painted 8-ft Post. Open to the Public. Need to Register
Know Your Rights— All inclusive
- Open in a large group panel discussion with Lead Experts and Compassionate Facilitators and (Q&A from audience)–approximately 60-90 mins.
- Groups (up to 15) will create two (8-foot) Collaborative Painted Post. Tables of participants work in 1hr. sessions, designed with “KNOW YOUR RIGHTS” information on the top/plus a quote of inspiration and pertinent websites (for time constraints, some of this can be done prior to workshop)
- While a group (up to 15 ) of participants work on the post, other groups discuss issue in depth. ART can be organized and created using Templates or Free Hand drawings, on 5-inch index cards: depicting ideas that each person feels should be written or drawn onto the collaborative Post. Final decisions are made by group with facilitators.
- Artists assist participants andare positioned at the Posts to help with drawing, using templates of flags and scrolls (like the bill of rights, small flags the youth can uniquely design, other symbols for rights and country.)
- Lead Artists finish Posts after event, unless the artists can work onsite and present posts at the end of the event. Artists can finish the Posts with paint, outlines, 3D embellishments after the workshop.
- Posts are posted online as selfies and as video and photos with stories. With participants permission
Participants: 15 (youth, family ages 10+)
Lead Skilled Facilitators for Collaborative Post
Lead Skilled Visual Artists for Collaborative Post,
all artists from ACW are also invited to participate.
Invite Lead Expert(s): ACLU representative (1) / Compassionate Cop (1) optional expert
Duration of Workshop: 3 hour workshop
Safety and Justice and DACA
- Opening in a large group panel discussion with Lead Experts and Compassionate Facilitators and (Q&A from audience)–approximately 60-90 mins.
- Quotes at the top, quotes on paper can be glued to the mini posts.
- Templatesand KNOW YOUR RIGHTS INFO and INSPIRATIONAL imagery stickers, markers, glitter pens
- Mini Posts go homeas a way of continuing to inspire, educate and sustain involvement to compassion, P4PJ goals.
- Posts are posted online as selfies and as Video and photos with stories.
With participants permission
Participants: 30-50 each day (youth, family ages 10+)
1 Lead Skilled Facilitator to lead conversation Mini Posts Workshop
5 Lead Skilled Visual Artists: Mini Posts
all artists from ACW are also invited to participate
Invite Lead Expert(s): 1 ACLU representative
1 Compassionate Cop, 1 optional expert or opposing view
Duration of Workshops: 3 hours
Felecia Lenee, better know as Fe Love to her fans is the host and creator of the Artist Eclectic pLAygROUND, a “pop-up” event space that supports new as well as established artists and innovative entrepreneurs primarily in the Pasadena and Greater Los Angeles area. She is on the Leadership Team for CompassionateCalifornia.org and co- founder of the Compassionate ARTS IN ACTION. She works as the Youth Program Director and Creative Strategist for the national project, Posts for Peace and Justice. Felecia has a B.F.A. from CALARTS where she trained as an actress. Her goals are to support youth, with a focus on health, public safety and social justice. Felecia’s recent public appearances highlighting youth include: March for Our Lives, Los Angeles, CA; Youth Action Summit, Memphis, TN, the U.S. Human Rights Network National Conference, Atlanta, GA. and the 26th Anniversary of the American Disabilities Act, at the White House. Felecia Lenee is a healer and a certified massage therapist with a concentration on energy balancing. She has been in 16 films, has over 25 years of performing live on stage as a host and entertainer, and in several podcasts promoting racial, gender equality and justice Read More
In the spirit of community and compassion!
Felecia Lenee aka Fe LOVE, Creative Strategist and Youth Program Director, Sacramento, California