1.Forum registration TODAY! Thanks to all of you who have done this. Takes 15 seconds. https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/discussion-form/
Members should plan to attend at least one discussion per year. NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AN ACW MEMBER TO PARTICPATE IN A DISCUSSION BUT YOU DO NEED TO SIGN IN TO THE FORUM! 15 SECONDS- NO FEES.
UBUNTU Inquiry Group UBUNTU =I AM WHAT I AM BECAUSE OF WHO WE ALL ARE. Read More About Ubuntu
We will read a film/book for one- two months and discuss the writing and the topic, but more importantly, reflect on how these (hopefully) new ideas inform our practice. These film/book discussions will not focus on critiquing the work as a piece of literature. If there is anything that bores me, it is a book club meeting that starts out with someone saying ”I liked it “ or “ I did not like it” and then everyone comes out swinging in defense of their position!
Due by Jan 31
2. First UBUNTU book/film inquiry group Barbara Bridges Minimum 6 and Maximum 10 Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire Discusses our nationwide willingness to embrace a factual relativity. Kurt Anderson. Doodle will go out for Zoom meeting. More info https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/welcome-to-our-dialogue/ post firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Register with email@example.com
Due by Jan 31
3. Anne is collecting the Surveys. File a new one- we did not have much data when we met. You need to zero in on your topics. Topic Name: Short description. Goal. firstname.lastname@example.org
Due by Jan 31
4. We are still waiting for your resumes on Word. I need them for grant applications. Please send to Jane email@example.com
Due by April 1
5. Work on Applications. As we have agreed, what makes us different (and will help bring grants and donors in) is our eagerness to investigate and create across disciplines. Each one of us has committed to ask one (or more) expert voices to join their project. For example… my topic is Recovery- I plan to have two team members: One author of a book on bulimia/anorexia and a counselor from Hazelden. We hope to have $500 to pay them. This collaboration will include discussions as you create your work and the one day and night attendance on Opening Day. Applications here: https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/events-b/
- Event Task Force meets February 5 from 12:00 – 1:30. Here is the Zoom meeting below. We hope that Event Committee members from Minneapolis with a smart phone will log in for all of us away. ( Sometimes there is an issue if more than 1 person logs in within earshot but let’s give it a go) . Anne has logged in on her phone so she can give a tutorial. If that does not work… let’s try login in with Craig using the device mic and the rest using the phone access.Perhaps that will fix the feedback problem. We need to spend a little time identifying a good system for multiple real and virtual attendees to gather and discuss.
Topic: ACW Event Task Force Meeting
Time: Feb 5, 2018 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/479869486
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,479869486# or +16699006833,,479869486#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 479 869 486
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=kHKuLHuyH9MXSuXA4F-65Ka84Lwo4LLq