From ACW Director, Barbara Bridges- my feeble attempt at making sense of it all.
Happy Festivals of Lights
- Judaism believes the Maccabees made 8 days of light from 1 day of oil. Happy Hanukhah!
- The Hindi Diwali celebrates knowledge over ignorance and good over evil. Happy Diwali!
- Christians believe Jesus was born on December 25. Incense and lights are involved. Merry Christmas!
- The Germanic Yule time focused on December 21 and the disappearing daylight. Merry Solstice!
- And then there is Festivus – an example of art creating culture. Happy Festivus for the Rest of Us!
NO NEED FOR CONFLICT
NO NEED FOR STRIFE
NO NEED FOR US TO GET OUT A KNIFE
LET’S JUST HOLD HANDS AND LIVE OUR BEST LIFE!
- Read more about this artwork “What’s the Big Difference : https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/barbara-bridges/