April 6, 2018 Status Update # 3 Action Items in RED
- Welcome our new members:
Wesley May Artist -Topic Identity . Muralist-works with youth
Paul Brown Supporter Theater Specialist
Felicia Williams Performer/Artist Compassionate Conversations
Daren Hill Artist Painter Topic: Polarization to communication and unity of communities.
Laura Hill Performance Artist /Educator at Children’s Theater
Susan Huhn-Bowles Supporter/ Artist
- Grants Please join me in shout-outs to Craig Harris, Laura Hill, Felicia Williams, and Layl McDill who are helping with grant writing. We have two MRAC grants submitted, 20 Letters of Intent out and 5 more grants will be submitted by the end of May. Now I am organizing a push to seek funding for your individual projects. I need your help to do this. See here for details: https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/barbara-bridges-recovery-project/ Willing to help with grant writing? Post me!
- Minutes for April 2 Education Meeting. https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/task-forces-meeting-minutes-agendas/ Decisions are being made. Information on Performance and Workshop stipends. Please check database (attached) and post me if your data is correct. I constructed a lot of it from antidotal conversations. There are two stipend levels (planned-if we have the funding) (See below). Check your data: Email me with your edits or questions.
“Hands-on Workshop & Discussion”, 2-3 hours, $300 stipend, consider limiting attendance as appropriate
“Post Performance Conversations”, 1 hour, $100 stipend
- I am still waiting for several of your Artist Apps. Due April 1, 2018. If you do not submit an Artist Application – we will assume you do not plan to be in the Oct 2018 event. I especially need your artist statement including workshop description (if you are doing one) for fundraising. Time Sensitive. App attached. See here for example from me. https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/barbara-bridges-recovery-project/ I am working hard to find funding and I would appreciate you providing me with the data I need to be successful for you. I need to share that I am getting a little discouraged with this issue.
- March 26 Event Committee meeting recording and minutes here https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/task-forces-meeting-minutes-agendas.
- Next Event Committee Meeting is April 25 from 12:30-2:30 ALL WELCOME
Meeting at Squirrel Haus Arts
3450 Snelling Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Directly following is a Design Committee Meeting to start planning how/where we will organize our work.