October 14, 2018
All Artists, Topic Voices, Volunteers and attendees at the Take Action Pop-Up Event are invited to the After Party on October 14 -Party starting around 8:30 or 9:00. Beverages and snacks will be served. Potluck would be welcomed.
Over 100 people at the VIP event. Over 100 at the Opening night. Thanks to Joan for organizing the VIP event and to Susan and Denny for stepping up on Opening Night.
The positive response to our art and our mission has been beyond our wildest expectations. We have earned over two dozen new members in the last two weeks.
Tim Benjamin’s The Real Story of the ADA signing and development of disability accommodations taught us all a thing or two on Monday with Erik and Madelynne. Our South High School Compassionate Conversations project was so very powerful and soulful and 12 of the students signed up to start our Youth Advisory Board (and become ACW members). Kudos to Kira and FE.
The Programing for the rest of the week is going to be just as amazing – See Below. Use your Curiosity Pass! https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/events-b
SHOUT OUT TO CRAIG HARRIS WHO HAS MADE ALL THE STAGING AND TECH POSSIBLE.
See candid pictures of events. https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/preparing-for-your-visit/ Please send me yours to post.
We have raised over $21,000.00. We need $26, 000 to make our budget and meet our mission to pay all the artists, speakers and expert topic voices. Urge your circles to become members and attend our events. Tax deductible! https://www.arttochangetheworld.org/product-category/support-us/
Please remind your attendees that we are hoping for a donation of up to $25 at the door. We did not expect to have so many $0 walk-ins.
Oct 9 Tuesday
* 6:30-7:30 Bianchi / Ricci –Body Image Pay What You Can $0-25 Reservations
* 8-9:30 Laura Mann Hill – Race/Identity Pay What You Can $0-25 Reservations
Oct 10 Wednesday
* 7-9:00 Richter/ Fisher Mother of All Confessions Pay What You Can $0-25 Reservations
Oct 11 Thursday 7-9:00 Harris- SenseAbility (CTSD) $10.00 Reservations
Oct 12 Friday 7-9:00 Harris- SenseAbility (CTSD) $10.00 Reservations
Oct 13 Saturday
* 10AM-12PM Barb Kobe Endangered Feelings $5 Reservations
* 1-5:00 Wesley May – Identity Workshop $5 Max 15 Reservations
* 5-6:30 Post May Workshop and Pre Film Discussion on Truth, Healing and Reconciliation with Anton Treuer, Wesley May, Sarah Edstrom, Michael Goze, Jim Randall, Herman Milligan Pay What You Can $0- 25 Reservations
* 7-10:00 Dodging Bullets – Film Pay What You Can $0-25 Reservations
Oct 14 Sunday
* 11-1:00 McDill Persuasive Technologies Workshop Max 15 $5 Reservations
* 1:00-3:00 Bridges – Recovery Workshop Max 15 $5 Reservations
* 7-10:00 Take Action Pop-Up Performance Night Reservations