- Media contacts:
Mikki Morrisett – MN Women’s Press
Mikki Morrissette <email@example.com>
James Shiffer – StarTribune
Harlem Amsterdam ews
Anahita Ahara – Multimedia Company, Twin Cities Moms
Ed Felien, Southside Pride editor
Ed Felien <firstname.lastname@example.org>
people of color
people outside of these communities as well.
“think, discuss, disrupt”
- When publicity?
When artists, venue, date/time and concept/vsiion are in place.
Social media strategy – begins in March
Artist Spotlights/press release – April
Exhibit – May
Team 2 Lauren, Mark, Susan
Who do we know in media; or how will we find contacts/deadlines?
- Susan’s Marketing Team
- Former Professors/School Colleagues
- Social Media (Facebook and Instagram)
- LGBTQ+ Friends and Contacts
- Who is an audience and why should they care? Why act?
- The uninformed and the informed
- Those who fall into the gender binary and those that don’t
- All types of gender expression
- At what points do we need/want publicity – so we can backtime and be ready with what they need to know.
- Need to know:
- Locked in concept
- Follow the process through blogging
- WordPress or Squarespace for a website
- Survey Monkey
- Engage with feedback
- Spotlight artists
Who do we know, in media, or how will we find contacts and deadlines.
Rimon- David Haris
Kare 11- Ashley
Christian McClary- podcast
Catherine McDonald- tpt
Who is our audience and why should they care? Why act?
Young adults – a catalyst for success
The whole public
People hidden with no voice
At what point do we need/what publicity – so we can back time and be ready with what they need to know.
Once we have all the pieces and backed support
Once our group is confident with who what where and why for our project
Never too soon teasers with follow-ups and updates
Treating ideation phases as real news.
Take away from our meeting:
Everyone in person was extremely helpful in getting to know each individuals learning style and personalities. I am already aware that my team members both have very big voices and very important stories to tell. Also getting to know the other leaders and their projects was very inspiring. Having a tangible booklet in closing all of the information we need is extremely helpful as well.
- Need to know: