Board Member Kristi Hemmer is a social entrepreneur, storyteller, sojourner, albanil and MOXIEmaker. As an educator for 25+ years, Kristi saw firsthand how SUPERstar girls/women shrink in a classroom, boardroom, and conversation; it made her mad enough to quit her six-figure job, travel the world learning about social entrepreneurship and the GIRLeffect, and start her own social business AWEinc. (Academy for Women’s Empowerment). AWEinc unleashes the potential in each woman by disrupting the status quo four ways: Corporate America, Youth Programs, International Travel and Social Entrepreneurship. AWEinc. teaches women and girls to be brave NOT perfect. Learn more at www.puttingwomeninpower.com www.facebook.com/aweinternational
I am joining the Social Art Project because…
- I believe in the power of Barbara.
- I want to change the language of “starving artist” to “art entrepreneur.” Something that changes the paradigm.
- I feel creativity is the power of the future.
- There’s a lot of potential. As an educator, potential is power.
- I want art and social justice and entrepreneurship and __________, to be more inclusive. Minneapolis, Minnesota