Colleges & Continuing Education
- University of Minnesota – Beginning Printmaking with digital processes (2016)
- Minnesota Community Technical College. – Fashion Draping & Welding (2009)
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design Women’s Art Institute (2000)
- The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA. – Bachelor of Arts (1976)
- University of Minnesota (1973 – 1974); Macalester College, St Paul, MN – Liberal Arts (1971 – 1974)
- Textile Workshops: Textile Center; University of Minnesota, Quadna – Textile Design and Fabrications
- Guthrie Theater – Stage Costuming, Storytelling, and Cabaret Performing
- Photography: Lightworks; Minneapolis Institute of Art – Film and Digital Photography and Fashion Design; Minneapolis Photo Center – Large Format Digital Printing
- Northern Clay Center & Minnesota Center for Book Arts – Papermaking and Art Box Construction
- City of Hopkins’ Art Street Public Art Program – “Human and Earth History” panels selected to appear on the outside wall of the Hopkins Center for the Arts, won Children’s Choice Award (2013).
- Honorable Mention award for WARM @ 40 Anniversary Exhibit (2013); Jurors Award for Tree Coat in Nothing New Exhibition at Textile Center (2007); Historical Society Purchase Award in Textile Center’s Art In Motion (2005).
- Governor’s Award,(1983) with Beverly Gold at the first Governor Perpich sponsored Fibers Fair with the Minnesota Craft Council at Calhoun Square, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Solo Shows: Westfield and Hudson Hospital and Clinic Healing Arts Program, Digital Illustration Work (2017, 2015); Yoga One Studio ; Digital Illustrations (2014); Frank Stone Gallery; Retrospective (2007); Southeast Dinkytown Library, 3 Solo Exhibitions of Digital Illustrations and Fabric (2015, 2013, 2010)
- Group Shows: Abstract; Minneapolis Photo Center, Digital Illustration; WARM Guerrillas: Feminist Visions Exhibition, Digital Illustration; Silverwood Park There’s No Escape Where Nature Technology Intersect Exhibition and, Digital Illustration; NEMAA Wintertide Biennial Exhibition, Digital Illustration, 2015; Phipps Center for the Arts Group Exhibition February (2014 & 2005); State Fair Fine Arts Show (2013, 2012, 2011); Nothing New: Recycled Exhibition, Textile Center (2007); Wearable Arts Minnesota Group Exhibition at Textile Center (2015, 2013, 2004); Wearable Art Show at Lincoln Center in Fort Collins (2004, 2002; Surface Design Convention (2011); Eye of the Beholder show in Anchorage, Alaska (2012); Two Branches; One River with Painter Kathy Staszak at Albert Lee Art Center (2006)
- The Embrace of the Eternal Feminine, wearable and wall art show coproduced with Jill Waterhouse, White Bear Universal Unitarian Church (2014).
- Costume and projection video for Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre’s production Blood Wedding (2016); Costumes for Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre’s production Lorca’s Women (2016); Digital illustration and Costumes for Zorongo Flamengo Dance Theatre’s production ConVivir – 7 Dances to a More Compassionate World(2014); Costumes and digital projection stills for Interference Arts’ production Elijah (2016); and It is She Who I See (2012); Digital illustrations for Katha Dance Theatre’s production Rubaiyat – a Life in a Day (2014).
- Marcy-Holmes Fresh Boxes Grant – utility box wrap in Dinkytown, Minneapolis, MN (2014).
- Textile Center: Dye Lab Artist (2007 – 2009); class teacher (2007 – 2016); Custom drapes and fabric for the building; Artwear in Motion Runway Show and Boutique (1996 – 2006)
- Costumes for Ballet of the Dolls (several shows), Xelias Aerial Arts, Circus Juventus, and many Twin Cities dance and aerial arts performers; stage elements and art pieces for Awe in the Family: Interpretations in Space of Time by Carei Thomas; Penumbra’s “Black Nativity” and Theatre de la Jeune Lune’s Medea
Teaches sewing, (garment design and construction) after school at Marcy Open School (2015-2016) and Medieval Costume at Augsburg College Medieval Summer Camp for high school age students (2010-2014)
American Crafts Council, Textile Center; Women’s Art Registry of Minnesota; Surface Design Association; Wearable Arts Midwest; Women’s Caucus for the Arts
IMAGE LIST; all work made on IPHONE; framed/matted ; 16”x 20”; archival printed
1.Roots and Wings; Water
2.Roots and Wings ; Sky
3.Roots and Wings ; Cave
4.Roots and Wings ; Dream Grass
5.Roots and Wings ; Dream
Candy Kuehn 718 6th Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414-1318 USA phone: 612-272-1626