Copy and Paste into Word or PDF
Art to Change the World has been contracted to create a Maker Space (art room) in several venues, including Transformational Housing for Women who have experienced homelessness and Youth Programs at the YMCA.
Join the Emma Norton Project if you want to really demonstrate how Art Can Change the World!
- Be an active member of ACW (membership paid).
- Participate in the organizing of the onsite Makers Spaces.
- Attend a 2 hour orientation with a licensed trauma counselor. You will develop a lesson which helps reduce stress from trauma and earn a certificate. No fees for this.
- You will sell a 4 works@ $300 to be used to inspire and showcase the ACW teachers.
- Teach one class each month for two hours. Compensation $200. Supplies are already paid for. You create supply list (up to $200).
- Artists interested in participating in this effort need to fill out the application below before September 30, 2022h. Return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed by a jury of 3 and an initial 10 artist/ teachers will be chosen to be a part of the Emma Norton Project .
Application for Emma Norton Maker’s Space Project.
The Mission: Art to Change the World (ACW) is a diverse non-profit coalition of change makers employing the arts in service of positive social change. We are a 501(c)3 organization overseen by a ten person board of directors.
Social Media (s):
1.Do you identify with a specific minoritized /marginalized or underserved status that you would like to share? If you are a finalist, 3 letters of recommendation will be required.
2.Are you available to help organize an art room with other ACW members in September (Approx 5 Hours)
3.Are you available to participate in a training workshop during the month of July? (Note: We expect to offer this with 2 weeks notice giving folks the option to do either on a weekend or during the week in the evening)
4.Do you have reliable transportation to sites in the Metro area?
5.Please Discuss the experience you have teaching (Art): We would like to know the Where, When, class topic, Ages of students.
6.Please list your media(s) and describe your topics, where you have shown your work and include three examples of work by listing websites or attaching jpgs.
7.Please list the experience(s) and skill sets you could contribute to the ACW Maker’s Space Project. Bulleted List Appreciated.
8.Please provide an idea on how you could design your lesson to help people who have experienced trauma heal during your session. What will they think about? Process? Make?
9. Have you been compensated to be in an ACW project in the past? Yes or No.
Did you volunteer hours? How many?
Did you go to the social media pages and interact? Explain.
Did you write a testimony to be used for grant writing and promotion? Include.
Did you attend the event? Yes or No.
10. Please attach a recent resume and email and phone # for 2 references to your application.
I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.
Return this application to: email@example.com by September 30, 2022. Call 612 – 845-0416 with any questions